Living in a duplex can be a great step between living in an apartment and moving to a single-family home. If you’re thinking about making the move into a duplex, there are some pros and cons to duplex living you should be aware of. Making these considerations ahead of time can help ensure you end up in a home that suits your lifestyle, needs, and budget.
Check some of them out here!
Pros of Living in a Duplex
- It feels like home: Instead of having many neighbors that you share a wall with, you’ll just share with one. Then you also get the perk of having a garage and your very own front door.
- More privacy: Rather than sharing multiple walls, you only share one which means you can enjoy yourself without worrying too much about people upstairs and downstairs.
- You get that neighborhood feel: Duplexes are often surrounded by family homes or other duplexes which means you get to enjoy a neighborhood feel at a lower cost.
Cons of Living in a Duplex
- Duplex walls: Living in a duplex means you’ll be sharing a wall with the other duplex unit which may mean for some noise from time to time on the other side.
- Front yard and backyard: While you get to enjoy your front and backyard, you’ll have to take on the responsibility of taking care of them.
- Snow and ice removal: Similarly to your front and backyard lawns, you’ll need to take care of shoveling your driveway and walkways in order to keep them clear. You should also add salt to the sidewalks in icy areas.
Home Insurance in Utah
Whether you live in a duplex, an apartment, a condo, or a single-family home, it’s incredibly important to make sure you have the right insurance protecting you and your property. Rather than hoping disaster will never strike (including storms, theft, and other damages), give yourself the peace of mind knowing you have adequate protection in the event it does.
And the team at ASA Insurance is here to help make sure you get it! We offer the most competitive insurance rates in Utah with access to 20+ carriers. We also have more than 70 years of experience as Salt Lake City insurance experts and we’d love to put our expertise to work for you. Call us today or learn more about home insurance in Utah here.